Wednesday 19 March 2014

Spongy Yummy Rosogulla



I don't know what's keeping me so busy these days... but, it's definitely keeping me away from here where i share my thoughts, my style, my world.!

Sharing a Recipe of very famous Rosogulla(i like the bangali pronunciation). Bought up in Kolkata, this mishti have special space in my heart & my taste buds can never refuse it, you can found this in every nook & corner of the Kolkata streets.
This is not my innovated recipe. But it's a fool-proof recipe. I have never gone wrong with it. So, sharing it!

Ingredients:-
Milk -1 litre
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 cup Sugar
3 cup Water
Few saffron strands(optional)

Method:-
Boil milk add lemon juice. The milk will get curdled, let the whey get seperated properly.
Strain the water.
Put in muslin cloth & drain all excess water. or, leave it for half an hour.
Take the smallest jar of mixie, put the cottage cheese add few strands saffron n churn.
1-2 minutes, it will form like a dough....soft dough. (Or knead it with hands ..this takes longer time)
Take that out, now make small balls out of it.(almost it gets double)
Put water & sugar in pressure cooker and boil till sugar gets dissolved in it.
Add few more strands of saffron.
Add the balls.
Put lid, give 1 whistle, low the flame & keep it for 8 minutes.
After 8 minutes off the flame & put the pressure cooker directly on the cold running water.
Open the lid the transfer it to bowl.
Put in the fridge for 3-4 hrs before eating ...so the sponge balls soak all the sweetness.
Enjoy !!

Will try to click one by one step & update it .. :)

3 comments:

  1. These look so yummy. Never knew they could be made so easily. They look easy I am sure it would be lil tough to actually make them. I will try this out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try.... but make sure to take all water out from cottage cheese & mix properly..... Happy Cooking ! :)

      Delete
  2. easy peezy . I love u for this simple recipe. I am gonna try and let u know.
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete