Saturday 29 March 2014

Spices + Chocolate Cookies

The cooking bug have long bitten me.....1st time when I was in Class 2 ....I made Spring onion veggie(mom says)....& it continues.. I don't like to prepare the regular dal-rice-roti-sabji combo.... i feel sick if i don't give any twist & turns to it. I even enjoy the regular khana but only when I don't want to stay in kitchen for long(more on this later).

As i completed a year of blogging this month,same very date, i am quiet happy.... I am not pro in cooking, never wrote anything more than few line of essays, fashion i studied from heart,styling i do from mind, just bought my first slr 4 months back...so photography in learning phase. With all these i admire all the beautiful comments, advises, love i got here.. I never planned what i am going to do when i started putting my words down... But, i am happy hows it's shaping now. Thank you all for reading ,commenting & appreciating it & special thanks to critics also(it means i have to work harder). Keep showering love!

As part of celebration i am trying some healthy chocolate cookies....but with twist.
Chocolate cookies get a slight makeover with the desi(Indian) spices. The aroma hit the nostrils & the flavor melt in the mouth with chocolate. What better if cookies are made of wheat flour.Have it with a glass full of chilled milk or a tub of vanilla ice-cream. :)

Ingredients:-
Wheat flour-1/2 cup or as required
Sugar- 2 tbsp
Cloves- 2-3(crushed/powdered)
Cardamon 2-3(crushed/powdered)
Nutmeg- a pinch
Butter -25gm (i used Amul)
A pich soda
1tsp of baking pwd
Cocoa pwd- 1 tbsp
Choco-chips
Milk as required

Method :-
Mix butter & sugar.. add all the spices, soda & baking pwd. mix well... it will be light & fluffy..enjoy the aroma
Add wheat flour..mix well.. add milk .prepare the dough
Clean wrap the dough & in fridge for 20-30 min
Sprinkle cocoa & roll over the dough.
Make small balls. Put choco-chip as required & bake in greased tray for 10-15 min at 200 degree.

 Ready to go inside the oven...

 Aroma.......ummmm



 My toddler taking pic...just like mumma ;)


Enjoy the yuumy-ness of spices & chocolate all in one!


3 comments:

  1. this looks too, tempting, I have made something similar a long back, kids love it u know.
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..this looks interesting..m gonna try it.

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete